Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Surprise? (Artemis)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 am

Amber smoothed the woman’s hair down, smiling in encouragement as Jack took her elbow. “It’s okay,” she assured, her raising her hand in a wave, wishing that there was more that she could do. She watched the two of them walk away, but it was only a few moments later when she heard a struggle in the direction that they had gone. She made to run toward them, but something in her gut told her that she wouldn’t want to see whatever was happening. She took a step backward, almost shuffling on her feet. Her teeth clamped together when she caught sight of the pair who returned, but she didn’t say anything. Instead, she turned and walked away from them, leading the way back to where they’d left the horses. She didn’t know what was worse. The fact that Artemis had killed the woman that they had just saved, or that Amber couldn’t bring herself to truly care. She felt disappointment, that the woman’s relief was so short lived, as she swiftly mounted Nar Rakasa, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:57 am

Artemis in the moments of regaining clarity caught the sight of Amber's expression and it was as if all her emotions crumbled down onto her. She fell to her knees, regaining a breath that she hadn't needed and Jack sighed, rubbing his face whilst Baldwin walked towards Amber, climbing onto his own horse. ''I...I am sorry that you witnessed that. I did not realize how...unstable Artemis really was. I believe her time on the Island will need to be increased. I wish you hadn't need to see that.'' He murmured and gazed sadly at the floor, wishing his sister could just...be better. Artemis hated herself truly and yanked out her phone, making arrangements for the moment Amber left to be taken away causing Jack to sigh and pull her to the horses. For the first time in a long time, Artemis was silent and she gripped Sayad's reins as tightly as possible, making the horse gallop off to the top of a hill that overlooked the area.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:08 am

Amber toyed with the reigns in her hands, nodded her head at slowly, glancing over at Baldwin with a soft smile. That had been what she was afraid of. It was already going to be a long time, and the fact that Artemis seemed so unable to control herself was only going to make it longer. Until then, she had held on to a little hope that they were exaggerating, and that Artemis didn’t need to go away. Nodding at the men, she went ahead, joining Artemis on the hill and glancing out over the view. “You’re my best friend,” she said quietly, without looking at Artemis, “nothing changes that. I just don’t want you to go away, where I won’t be able to chose to see you.” Dependency was something that Amber had learned to never have, and it came as a shock to her to realise just how much she had of it in Artemis. “What if you don’t get better?” she muttered under her breath, knowing that only Artemis would be able to hear her.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

Artemis watched the deer feed themselves with a sad gaze, not having the energy to hunt and get meat for dinner that evening or the next. She then glanced over at Amber, her expression sadder at the question. ''There is no getting better. I will always have this. I have lost my control over it though. I..'' She paused and glanced down at her bloody hands, watching them shake before gripping onto the reigns once more. ''I lost control before and I killed,'' Her tone was shaky and she refused to stare at Amber, not wanting to show any more weakness than she already had. ''Valentina. I killed her...That's why she's not been at school. I-I killed her, Amber..''
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:25 am

Amber hadn’t really noticed that Valentina had been missing from school, as they weren’t exactly friends. Perhaps if she had, she would have understood more. Or at least been able to ask questions and be there for her friend. “I’m sorry,” she said quietly, not sure what else she could say. She wished she could have been around so that when Artemis needed it, she could have helped her through. “We all slip up sometimes, Artemis,” she said, worrying her lower lip with her teeth, “maybe we mess up at different levels, but not one person is perfect.” She knew that she probably wasn’t helping, and she knew why. “I can’t ignore it, can I?” she said, her tone changing again, “this place will help you get control again? Are you certain it will work?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

Artemis ran a hand through her hair, despite the blood that still dripping from her finger tips and she looked over her shoulder to see Baldwin and Jack had gone back to the Manor. ''She was a lover, Amber. I-I killed someone I cared about.'' She whispered under her breath, its shakiness fading and she then glanced over at Amber with a frown upon her expression. ''I will be training to control it. It is what we've all done in this family. If the people that live there, who help us, can't help me, I will not be coming back...'' Alive...She finished the thought off in her mind, not wishing to distress Amber further.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Amber didn’t respond to her words about Valentina, knowing that there was nothing that she could say to make it any better for Artemis. She wished that there was, and that she could help. She turned her head away sharply, not letting her best friend see her eyes growing full with tears. It took her a moment to compose herself, before she finally spoke. “I’ll be here when you come back,” she said, reaching out and placing her hand over Artemis’ blood soaked one, “and you will be back. I’ll wait forever if I have to.” It wasn’t a promise that she made light heartedly, and she gently squeezed the hand in hers before releasing it. “But since you’re going to be away for a while, I think we should spend the rest of my visit enjoying ourselves, don’t you?” she said, managing to hold herself together as she always had.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Artemis was in shock at Amber's words, tears filling in her own eyes and she delicately pulled Amber onto Sayad's back with her, burying her face in her neck. ''I'll come back. I have to...Mother would kill me.'' She whispered to lighten the mood and she cupped Amber's cheek, resting her forehead against hers. ''That sounds like a good idea, Amber...I'm sorry for this. Your first day was supposed to be good and i lost control of myself. I'll make it up to you. Nar Rakasa is yours from now on.'' She said firmly, the blackness in her eyes fading and silently made a promise to shower Amber in everything she would ever need.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:42 pm

“I imagine her doing exactly that,” Amber agreed, forcing herself to smile, “I can’t wait to see her..” She wrapped her fingers around Artemis’ forearms and shook her head. “No,” she said firmly, “as strange as it may sound, I needed to see it like this. I couldn’t keep fooling myself forever. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn’t open to everything about you.” Glancing over to the horse, who had remained in place despite being in no way held there and she smiled, “I love it here already, Artemis. And I love you. So tonight we are going to find some good alcohol and I’m going to tell you about the love octagon back at Hogwarts, and you’re going to tell me about you and Jack. Alright?” She then wrapped her best friend in a tight hug, not willing to let anything bring down the few days they would be able to spend together before Artemis was to leave.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Artemis nodded slowly and kissed at Amber's neck, surprised that the faint hum of her friends heartbeat didn't cause her to lose it. ''I love you...thank you.'' She whispered softly and pulled away, looking over at Nar Rakasa. ''You're so like her. Such a fiery but loyal person. She is lucky to have a rider like you.'' She said and was surprised even more at the tight hug but she eagerly returned it, breathing in her scent for comfort. ''We have a whole wine cellar in the manor and I'll happily tell you. I do hope you're steering clear from Teddy and Alex. I got told by Aida that Teddy is a professor now?'' She said and clicked her fingers, Nar Rakasa quickly following Sayad. She did not want Amber out of her arms. Not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Amber smiled softly as Artemis laid kisses on her neck and she didn’t respond to her thanks. As far as Amber was concerned, Artemis had nothing to thank her for. She had done more for Amber than anybody she’d ever met before, and she had every intention of doing the same for her. “She’s beautiful,” the redhead agreed, smiling against Artemis’ shoulder. “I have been,” she admitted, “and yes. He is teaching Transfiguration now.” She was thankful that Artemis kept her with her, not quite ready to release her friend yet either. “There is so much to tell you,” she whispered, “then I can let all of the drama go.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:40 pm

Artemis smiled, drawing circles onto her friend's hip before smacking Nar Rakasa's rear when she had got close, allowing the white horse to shoot off towards the waiting Baldwin. ''Why the hell would he teach? He's my age. Far too young to be a professor. Silly.'' She said, making a note to discuss with her father about further protection on Amber. ''We'll get all the wine we need and we'll go to my room and put on sad music and you can tell me everything.'' She whispered in return and held Amber tighter to her body.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Amber relaxed in Artemis’ embrace, feeling a level of platonic intimacy that she’d never felt before. Family was a foreign object to her, and now she truly felt like she had it. No amount of boys and sex could make up for what she’d been missing, though she had no intention of giving those up, per say. It just made her realise that she did need anything else. “I tried to figure out what possessed him to do it,” she said, “still have no idea.” The redhead nodded, smiling again even though the conversation wasn’t something she was particularly happy about. “Sounds perfect,” she said, watching as her new stead sped on ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:51 pm

Artemis nuzzled the back of Amber's head and as they arrived, she held onto Amber tightly even when she got off the horse, taking the redhead with her. ''To be close to you, I bet. I'll speak to my father. Perhaps get Aida to keep an eye on you. Ever is there for you anyway.'' She said protectively, her vampire instincts wanting to protect her best friend which caused her eyes to blacken over once more and she hid her face in Amber's neck, despite Baldwin watching her closely. ''There are many things we will speak about.'' Artemis said, slowly releasing Amber to wink at Baldwin. ''I'll speak to you later, Baldwin. Thank you for putting Nar Rakasa and Sayad away.'' Pausing, she turned to Amber with a tilt of her head. ''Shall the boys join us after we have girl talk?''
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:09 pm

As they dismounted, Amber had expected Artemis to release her, but was glad when she didn’t. It was odd, though, how perceptive Artemis managed to be despite the fact that she was so far away. She seemed to have sources everywhere, and rather than worrying her in instead comforted her. “I don’t know,” she said quietly, “when I confronted him about it, he got all kinds of pissed. It’s just so confusing, because one moment he was happy to be friends. Then he’s all angry and confrontational.” Maybe Artemis would be able to shed better light on the almost whiplash that Teddy had been giving her. She was a lot more insightful than Amber was. The redhead offered Baldwin a smile as Artemis released her, and she nodded. “Yes, I think that sounds good,” she answered, “but we may be a while.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Artemis was highly tempted to just get every one of her family members to flock around Amber, her mother would gladly agree to do so but the girl needed her space. ''Perhaps he's on his period? He's a werewolf si? You rejected his mate claim, Amber. His wolf side is..friendly but the angry and confrontational side is the one that got rejected. He's conflicted and doesn't know how to react.'' He said, kissing her forehead. ''That is no problem, mon cherie.'' Baldwin said with a grin, entering the manor leaving Artemis and Amber. ''When is your birthday?'' Artemis asked out of the blue.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Amber couldn’t help chuckling at her friend’s words, before her face returned to a somber expression. Maybe werewolves were more complicated than she knew, though that didn’t mean she was going to let him get away with being an ass half of the time. “Do you think I shouldn’t have rejected him, then?” she asked quietly, wondering if maybe she’d been too selfish. If that was the case, she didn’t know what she would do. Amber raised her hand as Baldwin left them be, and she looked to Artemis with a questioning expression. “My birthday?” she asked, “January twenty second. Why do you ask?”
Back to top Go down
Jason Eucliffe
Slytherin 7th Year
Slytherin 7th Year
Jason Eucliffe

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Artemis narrowed her eyes and cupped Amber's face, forcing her to look up at her. ''No! You did what was right! You can't be caged into that type of relationship forever. It'd have caused way more damage! You made the right choice and I'm so proud of you.'' She reassured her, grinning down at her before taking her friend's hand, leading her to the wine cellar. ''So I can find a wine that was made on your date of birth of course.''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise? (Artemis)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3