Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Surprise? (Artemis)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

Surprise? (Artemis) Empty
PostSubject: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Amber pulled her jacket a little tighter around herself as she sat on the front steps of the place that she knew her best friend would be. She had left Hogwarts for a few days. Only a few, as she'd promised herself, and she was going to enjoy every moment of it. But first she had to wait it out. Surely Artemis would have to leave eventually. Or at least someone would point out the travel-worn redhead who refused to leave, and wouldn't even give her name.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:30 pm

Artemis had left Lily at her home for a few days, doing business with some of her relatives outside of Tour in France. ''Baldwin...We can't just storm in and take their resources. You must be rational instead of just wanting some women to quench your ridiculous thirst.'' Artemis scolded her eldest brother. Breathing in deeply, she caught the scent of her dear friend, Amber. ''Leave, Baldwin. Take Jack. He had an episode last night and I'd rather not have to watch over him as I have a guest. Go hunting.'' She ordered, Baldwin leaving immediately through the back to avoid the guest. Artemis appeared at the front door, a small antler like tiara was hidden in her curls. ''Amber! Come in!'' She said excitedly, shooing five large dogs out of the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Amber turned when she heard voices, but she didn't say anything. She wasn't in her home country anymore, and she didn't know if things were done differently in France. When Artemis finally appeared, she stood immediately and rushed to her friend, looking at her face for a good ten seconds before slipping past her and through the door. It may not have been winter, but the weather was starting to turn and she much preferred the idea of being indoors as the sun came out. "I hope you don't mind me showing up uninvited," she said softly as she looked around the front room on her friend's large home, "I know it must be busy for you here but.. I just wanted to see my best friend."
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Artemis examined Amber, her almost golden eyes flickered over her body to make sure she was okay. As her friend passed through the door, she glared at the outside as she looked for anyone that could be spying and she closed to the door firmly. Immediately, she wrapped her arms around Amber. It was a rare show of affection but she had missed Amber, having left Hogwarts. ''Of course i don't mind. Vous êtes toujours le bienvenu à la maison.'' She murmured into Amber's hair before pulling away, being sure to take a step back. ''There is always time for you. I did not wish to speak with my brother anymore and besides, you are better company than Lily.'' 

Translation: You are always welcome at home.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Amber didn't miss the examining gaze as she too checked her friend over. Then, as though she had not been showing indifference a moment ago, she wrapped her arms around Artemis and held her tightly. She had missed her best friend better than she'd ever be able to portray. "I'm glad," she said quietly, though she chuckled, "and you might need to teach me a little more French. I'm staying for a few days, but I was hoping to stay with you a little longer over break." Pulling away, she took Artemis' hand in her own and said, "I'll be sure not to tell Lily you said that. But since you mention a brother.. if he's anything as gorgeous as you are, you might want to keep him away from me." Winking lightly, she squeezed the hand that she held and waited for the princess to tell her what there was to do.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Artemis chuckled lightly in return, nodding a silent promise that she would teach her more french. ''I said you are always welcome at home. There is always a place for you here. Besides, my mother is quite taken with you. She wonders how you are doing and wishes that you will join us for christmas.'' She admitted with a smile. ''You can stay with me for as long as you desire. Heck, move in if you want. Your room is the same as always and again, if you wish to change the furniture to your liking you may.'' She laced her fingers with Amber's, laughing even more at her comment. ''Baldwin is quite handsome, yes. Come, we will go into the garden and you shall meet him!'' Artemis brightened dramatically despite the loss of Valentina still haunting her.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Amber smiled brightly at the mention of Artemis' mother, and she glanced around briefly before asking, "is she here? It will be great to see her." Thinking for a moment, the red head bit her lip and looked briefly at the ground, "I would love to be here for Christmas, Artemis. My father.. he might not be so thrilled. It's the time of the year that he is forced to pretend to like me for society's sake. If I'm not there.... but I really do want to be here. We'll figure it out." Smiling once again, as if her moment of sadness hadn't just occurred, she nodded her head, "alright, beautiful! Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Artemis shook her head with a sigh. ''Unfortunately no. They did not wish to see Baldwin. They are at the De Clermont Castle in Tours. This is simply my getaway home.'' She admitted and touched Amber's cheek. ''I will take you to my proper home soon so you can see her. If you're willing to see Lily as well.'' She teased and sighed at her friend's reaction before beaming widely. ''Why not bring him? If he is horrid in my own home, we will give him the De Clermont treatment.'' She winked, a devilish smirk dancing upon her bright red lips. Leading her friend outside, she placed her fingers in her mouth and let out a very loud whistle, that echoed and almost in an instant, Baldwin appeared in front of them with a cocky smile and lifted Amber's hand, kissing the knuckles. ''My sister did not say she had a beautiful guest, belle..'' His accent was thick, having stayed firmly within his french roots.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Amber grinned and rolled her eyes, replied easily, "I'll deal with seeing Lily Potter if it means seeing your mother." She adored France, she had to admit, though she had only been once before. They had stayed at what she presumed was Artemis' usual home where Amber had met her mother. The woman had been different than she had expected, but she had found herself longing for the woman. Perhaps it was just that they got along well, or maybe it was something deeper within herself. "I will try to persuade him," Amber said half heartedly, sure that the man would refuse, "I hate the fact that he hates me, Artemis. I'm.. I'm too much monster and not enough human to be someone he can love." Her words were quiet, and she quickly turned her attention back in the direction of the gardens. Turning to her old housemate, she raised an eyebrow at the whistle, though it took only a moment for her to realise that someone had appeared before her. With a bow of her head in response to the man's politeness, she smiled and replied, "she also forgot to mention that she had such a handsome brother until now- but I'm sure we'll manage."
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Artemis smirked in reply, knowing of her friends and mother's connection. After the meeting, her mother had wanted to know more and if it was alright to suggest adoption. Artemis had declined such a thing, knowing Amber had a father. She did not know much about a mother. ''You are not a monster.'' She said, looking down at her friend with an annoyed expression. ''You are perfect! Your father simply is afraid. Tsk.'' She tutted in disgust and annoyance, wishing Amber ony a perfect life.

Artemis enjoyed the peacefulness of her garden, the way the hills just went on for miles. The appearance of her brother, despite the little bit of blood on the corner of his lip, pleased Artemis greatly despite having only seen him moments ago. ''You best not make her weak at the knees, Baldwin. I cannot have you ruin another one of my friends.'' She teased earning a smirk. Matthew toyed with one of his sister's curls and smiled whilst she cleaned the blood. ''We will manage just fine, belle. I do hope you will join us for a while. Your beautiful smile will surely brighten up this place.'' He bowed like the prince he was, kissing her knuckles once more. ''Shall I fetch Jack for an introduction, belle? Perhaps get him to cook for you. Your journey must of been a long one.''
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 5:20 pm

Amber glanced over to Artemis, smirking at the other girl’s words. She adored Artemis and the way that she acted, and even around her family and in the country in which she was powerful she still remained the same person. That only made the redhead love her even more. Turning her attention back to her friend’s brother, she raised an eyebrow and said, “I will be here for a few days, then I hope to return around Christmas.” Once again, Amber bowed her head and chuckled quietly, catching his hand in her own for a moment. “I would love to meet this Jack,” she said, releasing his hand, “but I assure you that what I want cannot be cooked.” It had been a few weeks since she had last tasted blood and upon the realisation that she was among others like her, she wondered if they would have a supply of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Baldwin nodded, pleased by this news and released her hand, her faint heartbeat still tingling at his fingertips. ''I will go get him, belle.'' He murmured, casting Artemis a single look. He rushed off into the woods to retrieve Jack. With a sigh, Artemis smiled over at her dearest friend. ''Fear not, we've stocked up. Baldwin and Jack are full vampires so whenever we have these meetings, we stock up in case we need to do blood transfusions or just feed them whenever they can't get humans. I prefer straight from the vein but I'm not picky like them.'' Artemis admitted, reassuring her and a large, bright smile appeared on her expression when Baldwin and Jack came into view, she rushed forward and was picked up, spun around and as they were faced away from Amber, Jack let a little kiss linger on Artemis' lips before facing them. ''Meet Jack. We do not know his true last name but it does not matter anymore. He is a De Clermont now.'' Baldwin said, standing close to Amber's side and Jack hesitated to take Amber's hand but he did so anyway, his eyes black like a sharks. ''It is a pleasure to meet you, m'lady.'' His voice was rough, almost strained and Artemis rubbed his back once he stood straight.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Amber watched as Baldwin left and she turned to Artemis, listening to her explanation. With a grin on her face, she shook her head. “I don’t been bags, silly,” she said, “I wonder what French men taste like.” It was surprising how easy it was to let herself go when she was so far away from the shitty drama of Hogwarts. Nobody but Artemis.. and apparently Lily Potter.. would have any idea who she was, and France was a beautiful place. She could enjoy herself here, and the though of returning to Hogwarts any time soon made her a little sad. But still, she would enjoy the time that she was there as much as she could. “Oh,” she said, leaning closer to her friend, “what does ‘belle’ mean?” Looking up as the two men approached them again, Amber grinned as she watched her best friend run into the arms of the second man. “Nice to meet you, too, Jack,” she said, smile still in place as she noticed the darkness of his eyes. Glancing briefly at Artemis, she raised her eyebrow very slightly in question.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Artemis chuckled lightly. ''They taste wonderful.'' She whispered into her friend's ear, letting a friendly kiss dance on her temple before looking around her home, breathing deeply. It was great to be back in a place she knew so well. Hogwarts wasn't a place she called home and she never had. ''Belle means beauty, belle.'' She teased her softly but she had called Amber belle multiple times out of habit and because it was true. Artemis took pride in having such a beautiful friend. Jack nodded, the corner of his lip curving up in a grin and he knelt down to play with the dogs that had rushed to greet him. ''No family is perfect, Amber. We have our faults. We may have a..special ability but we have our own curse too. The De Clermonts are plagued with 'Blood rage'. We are uncontrollable at times, the only sign are these eyes..We keep it a secret. As those with blood rage should really be killed off but we've controlled it. Jack has troubles because he also experiences post traumatic stress disorder. He has episodes...'' Artemis explained, knowing Jack wouldn't mind and she rested his head on her stomach, toying with his hair as he played with the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Amber thought about how interesting to would be to go hunting in a new place, and considered inviting Artemis out with her later on. Or perhaps she could go alone, if her friend was busy. The redhead blushed very lightly before shaking her head and said, “I should have known that, at least, shouldn’t I?” Suddenly alert as a vaguely familiar smell reached her, and she turned to see dogs heading toward them. As she watched as they animals seemed to swarm Jack, and she burst out laughing. It took her a moment before she managed to stop herself, and muttered under her breath about spending too much time around fucking werewolves. After a few moments, Artemis seemed to realise what she had been silently asking and rather than telling her things later, she told her the truth. Glancing a little sadly at the man with the dogs, though her eyes held no pity, she nodded. “We all have our demons, right?” she said quietly, returning her gaze to Artemis. After a few moments, she smiled and said, “I’m thinking I might go out. Any suggestions?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Artemis smiled at the dogs, knowing Amber had met a few when she met her mother for the first time. The sight was wonderful, Artemis had to admit and a soft smile touch her lips. Amber's laugh helped her smile grow. In Hogwarts, she rarely smiled but out here, in the freedom and peacefulness of her own home, she couldn't help it. Jack glanced up, shooting Artemis a wide grin before standing up straight. ''Yes...At a time like this, Ever would say 'Hell is empty but all the devils are here.' Would never shut up whenever someone mentioned demons or hell.'' Jack muttered, his accent rough around the edges but still clinging onto that british accent. ''Perhaps a hunt?'' Artemis suggested with a wiggle of her eyebrows, meaning a human hunt.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 7:17 am

Amber watched her best friend closely, noticing the way that she genuinely smiled. Such a sight had been rare at school, but it was something what made her deeply happy. She wanted Artemis to have the world if she wanted it, and it seemed that she was about as happy at that moment as a person could be. The redhead smiled at the mention of Ever, Artemis' sister who Amber got along quite well with. At the mention of hunting, Amber's entire polite demeanour changed to one of excitement, as she nodded and said, "Yes! That sounds perfect! Lead the way?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:12 am

Artemis toyed with Jack's hair, sending down a worried glance before looking over at Amber with a beaming smile. ''Would you like to change clothes first? Something to hide the blood?'' She suggested, already in her black leather hunting clothes as after her meeting with Baldwin, she found herself hungry. Baldwin placed a kiss on Artemis' cheek and Amber's hand once more. ''I'll meet you at the spot, m'lady.'' He purred teasingly and sprinted off after thumping Jack's shoulder in a motion that he'd be joining as well. Jack gave Artemis a kiss on the cheek, lingering a little longer before nodding towards the red head. ''When was the last time you fed, Amber?'' Artemis asked as Jack left with the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 5:14 am

Amber considered whether to change her clothes for a moment, before she nodded. She knew that she usually was rather civilised when she ate, even if it was from a human, but it had been some time since she’d last eaten anything other than normal food, and so she wouldn’t be surprised if she made a mess. “Do you have anything that I can borrow? I didn’t exactly think far enough ahead when I came here to actually bring a bag,” she explained to her friend, a little embarrassed that she hadn’t come even slightly prepared. Amber smiled at both of the men, nodding her head before watching them head off somewhere once again. “I’m not exactly sure,” she said, turning back to Artemis, “three weeks ago? Perhaps a month.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:54 am

Artemis nodded with a smile, pushing open the door and led her dearest friend to the hunting room. She usually kept spare clothes in there. It wasn't that she was messy, it was more for stealth reasons and comfort. ''I'm sure there is something in that trunk over there.'' She pointed out, removing her jacket to exchange it with another that fitted her body better. ''You must drink more often...I worry that you'll stop drinking altogether.'' She muttered, twirling her finger around a strand of Amber's hair.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 am

Amber followed Artemis through a door and into a room that house many different items, not of which she had ever used. She was more the wand and teeth kind of girl, not as interested in fighting with other weapons. When Artemis directed her to a trunk, she walked over and searched it for a moment, before pulling out an outfit that she figured would fit her well enough. She didn’t bother hiding anything as she stripped down to her underwear and pulled the clothes on; Artemis was her best friend, after all. Once dressed again, she picked up her previous attire, feeling a little better to rid of the clothes that she had worn for her travels and turned to Artemis. Glancing down at the finger that toyed with some of her hair, she smiled softly and said, “I know. I just have been finding it difficult to get out of the castle lately. Someone is usually up these days.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:15 am

Artemis had no issue with Amber stripping down. She loved looking at the finer things in life and her best friend was certainly one of the ones on top of her list. ''You can leave your clothes on the desk over there. We'll pick them up when we return.'' She smiled and kissed Amber's forehead out of affection. It was also good enough as a blood oath, swearing to protect Amber on their hunt..and any day after that. She would've done such an oath but her father was the only one who did that. ''I must give you all the routes out of Hogwarts that I know of. Celaena showed me most of them so it should help.'' She offered and nudged open the back door that led to the horses. They were quite a bit away from the nearest village so they would be scoping out the forest that laid in between them for lost villagers. If they did not find any, they'd head into the village itself. Artemis led out a white azteca horse and then a pure black friesian horse. She climbed onto the black one after grabbing two more horses, slapping their rears so they rushed into the distance for Baldwin and Jack. ''The Azteca is yours. Her name is Nar Rakasa. It means fire dancer.'' Names were important in the De Clermont family.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:25 am

Amber closed her eyes softly as Artemis kissed her forehead. She loved how much her friend cared for her, and she cared for Artemis the same. She had never been one for friendships, mostly because any that she had had in her childhood had quickly been crushed. So now that she had found someone who seemed to be as invested in their friendship as she was, she wasn’t planning on letting them go anytime soon. It had broken Amber’s heart when Artemis had left Hogwarts to return to France, but now she realised that they could still be just as close as always. “That would be amazing,” she said with a smile as she moved to place her clothes on the desk, before following Artemis back outside. She grinned when she saw the horses, quickly reaching out and brushing her fingers over the Azteca’s white coat. Gently holding out the back of her hand for the horse to smell, she smiled and said, “it’s nice to meet you, Nar Rakasa.” After a few moments like that, she swung herself onto the horse’s back and maneuvered her to follow Artemis.
Back to top Go down
Artemis De Clermont
Adult
Adult
Artemis De Clermont

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:31 am

Artemis felt bad leaving Amber behind but if she had stayed the whole year, she would've left anyway. She knew Amber would always come to visit and she'd visit Hogwarts as much as she could. She smiled in delight at Amber's reaction to the horse and she smoothed down Sayad's hair. ''This is Sayad...His name is Hunter. Fitting, si?'' Now in her homeland, her accent was stronger and she adored that. She nudged for Sayad to walk, catching a quick glimpse of their male companions. ''We will hunt in the forest. Men do get lost sometimes. If you see an animal or person you wish to have, it's all yours. I am the last to feed. You can be first for you have not eaten in a while.'' Baldwin nodded in agreement, giving Amber a cheeky grin as he pulled up beside them.
Back to top Go down
Amber Flint
Adult
Adult
Amber Flint

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 11:46 am

Amber laughed at the choice of name for the horse that Artemis was atop of. It was a nice horse as well, and she couldn’t help but wonder if having horses was common in France. She’d had them herself, it being one of the few luxuries that her father had allowed her, though it was more because it was proper for a lady to be able to ride well. “It’s perfect,” she said, still laughing a little as she grew used to Nar Rakasa. Amber nodded at the instructions, though she knew well enough that she wouldn’t be choosing to hunt any animals. “Thank you,” she said to Artemis, before looking to the men who had joined them once again. Returning Baldwin’s smile, she nodded her head before encouraging her horse to move a little quicker. “If we don’t find anyone in the woods?” she asked as she inhaled deeply, loving the fresh air as opposed the to slightly stale air of Hogwarts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise? (Artemis)   Surprise? (Artemis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise? (Artemis)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next