Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
The Young Life EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
The Young Life EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
The Young Life EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
The Young Life EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
The Young Life EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
The Young Life EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
The Young Life EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
The Young Life EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
The Young Life EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

The Young Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

The Young Life Empty
PostSubject: The Young Life   The Young Life EmptySun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm

A woman aged seventeen hid behind her horse's stall and breathed in sharply at the sound of boots hitting the wooden slabs of the stable floor. Her heart pumped in her chest, her horse snorting with anxiety at the strange activities of his rider and went to nudge her but was stilled by the bright blue eyed gaze the beautiful girl sent her. Sliding out of the stall, her heels clinked together in her hands causing her to still instantly and laughter filled the air as the older man picked up his daughter and spun her around despite her squealing. ''Daddy! What happened to work!?'' She exclaimed and another laugh could be heard. ''Nicolas! You're back!'' She said, an oompf resounded from the woman and Nicolas due to her tackling him to the ground. They spoke for a few moments about how army training was after standing up when more heels could be heard. 

''Arlene. What do you think you are wearing?'' A shrill and angry voice met Arlene's ears and she stared down at her trousers and shirt that she had taken from her brothers and altered to fit and look better on her slim but muscular figure. ''Clothes?'' She said firmly after meeting her mother's gaze for a few moments. ''Go change. Immediately. I'll meet you up there.'' Fear flashed across Arlene's expression and she refused to stare at her brother's confused expression; confused at his fearless sister's sudden change. She spun on her heel, not hearing her father question her mother and rushed to get changed. As Arlene was choosing between a scarlet red swing dress that had a black leather belt to emphasise her waist or a navy blue one that had white polka dots. 

Arlene didn't know why she expected her mother not to come in when she was getting changed. She threw open the door, grabbing Arlene by her head and threw her against the wall making Arlene scream out. ''YOU LITTLE BITCH! Your father almost found out! Would've left me! With no money either!'' She said, kicking Arlene when she was curled up on the floor, yelping out. ''Well stop shouting, mother and get this over with!'' Arlene spat out the title, it no longer holding any meaning. Her mother smiled, happy by her compliance and after half an hour of pure beating, Arlene was left on the floor with bruises along her ribs and scratch marks over her back. Her mother had made sure no one saw the marks.

Nicolas had found her, shock clear on his expression when he came into Arlene's line of sight and she yanked a blanket around her body, sorting out her hair to cover her slightly bruised cheek. ''Arlene...How long?'' He whispered and moved her hair out of her face making Arlene lean into it. The affection was welcomed. ''Since I was nine.'' She replied, voice normal due to not allowing herself to scream or cry throughout the event. It would only make their mother happier. Nicolas pulled his younger sister into a light embrace, not wishing to hurt her further and helped her get ready. It was strange for him to see his sister in such a state. So used to the fiery woman that was fearless, not an abused girl that quivered whenever he raised his hand. But after she was cleaned and dressed, the dark aura disappeared and she was smiling again. That was what the Proctor's admired of their little fire.

The rest of the evening was fine. Father had complimented Arlene on her scarlet red dress that flowed around her knees, saying that she was ready to go out dancing to which Arlene hugged and kissed his cheek. ''Oh daddy! Why thank you!'' She exclaimed happily, casting a short glance at her mother who was clenching her glass to tight it shattered in her grasp. ''Dorothy, are you quite alright?'' Stephen, Arlene's father, said with faint concern. His love for his wife was no longer there after Abraham, Arlene's brother who was a year older, had told him the going ons in his home. The reason he did not intervene was because he had believed the business had finished. ''Father. I'm going to dance now. Nicolas, drive me? I'll go in the bathtub?'' Arlene said, using the slang word for motorcycle side car and Nicolas instantly agreed, knowing his sisters love for his motorcycle. 

Nicolas didn't like dancing as much as Arlene and Abraham did just like their other three brothers who were off in the army so when they arrived, he drove off claiming to be back later on at around two am to pick her up. Arlene happily agreed. Her friends were already there dancing away and here she was, walking down the steps with one gracious hand on the railing as people's gazes turned towards her. Her dress was new in the style and the sounds of women's jealous whispers resounded as men nodded with approval at her slim figure and beautiful features. She was angelic and that's what all men loved. There was one man though that Arlene instantly enjoyed the look of but had no idea who he was and the best part was...he was staring right at her.

The man:

Arlene fell into the crowd with her friends, laughing and dancing amongst each other and she found herself parched. ''There are some dead hoofers in this place, girls! I'll go get a drink. You girls want anything?'' Arlene asked and her friends shook their heads with bright grins. Arlene slipped away, leaning against the bar and asked for a few drinks for her and the girls. The bartender grinned, a faint blush dancing along his cheeks as Arlene had stared his way. The angelic woman let out a yelp, startling him and she spun around, grabbing the wrist of the man. ''How dare you!?'' She exclaimed, stilling everything around them and the perverted man grumbled an apology, rushing into the crowd. Arlene let out a huff, fixing her curls and the man who had caught her gaze at the beginning walked over to her in his army suit that she had seen so many times before. ''You alright, doll?'' He asked, his voice sending shivers down Arlene's spine and she struggled not to gape up at him. ''Yes..He was just some fat-head, ya know?'' Arlene stated with a smile that burned itself into his mind. She grabbed the drinks, he instantly moved to help her out and she smiled gratefully. ''Thanks! With these stompers, carrying all these drinks would have been a nightmare.'' She said, pointing down to her feet and they both  placed the drinks down. ''Wanna grandstand?'' He finally asked, both of them having spoken for a little while before he asked to show off their dance moves. ''Always.'' Arlene purred delicately, unaware of the affect it had on him.

They danced for the rest of the night, even when the dancefloor started to clear to allow them more room. They were clapped, aw'd and complimented throughout the night but they were focused on each other. Always on each other. She had called Nicolas half way through, saying the man was going to walk her home and after arguing, she won. On the walk home, he had laced his fingers with hers and smiled down at her. ''Ya see, Arlene...I'd really like to see ya again but I'm leaving tomorrow and I ain't got anyone to send letters to...Would ya mind if I sent letters here to you?'' He asked, the mood growing sadder and Arlene cupped his cheek, agreeing at her mansion's gate. ''Send away, soldier. Maybe you'll find me out there too..and then we'll fight. Together.'' She said firmly and he laughed, kissing her forehead and began to walk away. Arlene glanced at her home and back at him, shutting off her thoughts for a few moments and ran to him, grabbing his hand and pressing a passionate kiss against his soft lips. ''Come home safe, soldier.'' She whispered breathlessly after the kiss. They both grinned, despite the darkness in the air that he may not come home at all.

When Arlene joined the next year, they were placed in the same regiment. They did fight together and very well actually until she went home a week before him. She didn't like it, not being with him but she went home anyway due to her father needing her. She received a letter stating that her soldier had been lost in battle so either he was dead and buried amongst the others or the enemy lines had captured him or...he was a deserter. Then at the football pitch a month later after Arlene had returned for some rest from war, they did the worst thing possible to the already suffering woman. They named him dead. She knew he wasn't but the blow knocked her. She became angrier and fought more, killed more and rarely came home....

All she wanted was her travelling soldier. Instead, she receives an empty casket and dog tags.

OOC: The song above is my inspiration along with 40's swing music. Smile Hope you like. It's not as good as i wanted it to be but its past 1am...Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

The Young Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Young Life   The Young Life EmptyMon May 25, 2015 9:21 am

Possible Re-do. 
Not happy with ending...
Back to top Go down

The Young Life
Page 1 of 1