Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Hell is Empty. EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Hell is Empty. EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Hell is Empty. EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Hell is Empty. EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Hell is Empty. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Hell is Empty. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Hell is Empty. EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Hell is Empty. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Hell is Empty. EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Hell is Empty.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arlene Proctor
Adult
Adult
Arlene Proctor

Hell is Empty. Empty
PostSubject: Hell is Empty.   Hell is Empty. EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Arlene threw on her blazer and let her dog tags dangle in her fingertips before slipping them around her neck. Gun shots could be heard from where she stood, coming as clear as day from the range and she slipped out of her room into the arms of one of her best friends. ''Caspian!'' Arlene exclaimed, her Chicago accent clear in her tone as she felt her friend's arm wrap around her shoulders. ''Why hey there, Captain. Proctor.  A few fly boys just landed, waiting for orders ma'am and to tell you things.'' He said, facing his friend who was tucking parts of her hair into her cap. ''Very well. Thanks, Soldier. I saw a few maggie's drawers on the firing range. Go sort that out 'cause they've demanded more soldiers on the front.'' Arlene said sternly, brushing away her friend's arm and she stormed into the meeting room to take in the sight of the pilots. ''Hm...'Ello boys. What ya got for me?'' She said, sitting in her chair as the young pilots almost whimpered at the sight of their stern Captain. ''Well, Captain. We saw a few men go over the hill-'' ''Deserters...You get 'em for me, kid?'' Arlene interrupted, slamming her hands against the table as she stared into the man's eyes. ''N-no, Captain. You see, they got away and when one of our tanks seemed to pass 'em, they went into enemy lines.'' The boy explained and Arlene let out a low growl before making a noise of satisfaction. ''Then I don't have to write it off as Deserters. Just eager fighters, eh? Less people getting blanked for having a coward in their family, eh?'' Arlene said with a growl and pushed the chair underneath the chair and moved over to them. ''Get some rest. One of ya is limping and I ain't 'aving that in my army. Understood? You're dismissed.'' The group moved out and Arlene sat on the table, shaking her head. ''Time for work.'' She mumbled under her breath.

Arlene worked constantly. She had to of course and this was forever her life, watching people rush in and out of the camp ready to lose their lives for the good of the country. She held a telegraph in her hands, a yell of anger almost escaping her lips and she slammed her hands on her desk, staring at the map before her. ''We got more bucks coming in. We need more experienced men and they're giving us bucks?!'' She shouted at one of her confidants who jumped slightly at her outburst. ''That's above my pay check, Captain.'' The slang term only seemed to make Arlene madder and she narrowed her eyes at the man. ''I asked ye for a reason, you yuck. Get out of my sight. I don't want to see ye for the rest of the day unless it's fucking important.'' She snapped. She wasn't usually so angry all the time but it was getting harder to control herself. ''I need to fight.'' She stated and began to write to her bosses, asking for a captain to step in so she could at least fight and it was agreed as in truth, they didn't think she was going to come back. The man who agreed disliked the idea of Arlene even being a captain in the first place but she was good at her job. The title suited her.

A few days later, Arlene suited up with a grin of pride beaming on her face. Soldiers usually weren't so excited to fight but she loved the buzz, the adrenaline of fighting and killing. Nothing could ever change that. Climbing onto one of the lorries, she laughed along with the men who were surprised at their captains light heartedness but went along with it. They embraced it; knowing this could be their last day with a woman despite her fighting with them. ''Prepare yourselves, boys. Can't have y'all soiling your threads. We're here for our country.'' She said, meeting them all in the eye and surprisingly, leaned forward and brushed her lips against theirs. The ones who survived had described her kiss like the kiss of an angel, bringing them the fighting courage that was already hidden within them. She smiled at them all, jumping down from the lorry and examined the fighting ground, crawling into a bush to examine even more. Arlene showed two fingers, pointing in different directions for them to station themselves and then the sound of gunshots filled the air like a symphony to Arlene. She joined in, a mad grin dancing along her lips. Many men fell that day but she kept going, dancing like an angel of the battleground shooting men left, right and centre. Arlene Marilyn Proctor wasn't going down.

Not by the enemies at least. Arlene arrived at the trenches, drenched in blood but only a scratch on her cheek from brambles and a scrape from a stray bullet on her right arm. Nothing she couldn't handle. Physically, fine...Emotionally, drained and saddened at the losses she saw. Caspian had took a bullet for another man, her dear friend lost to the world but for a good cause. A family less to mourn as they always said to each other. A man was watching her in the distance, taking off her helmet and brushed away the hair that clung to her forehead and shook it out. A dark smirk danced along his lips, a piece of paper in his hands as an order to eliminate Arlene Proctor. They were near the edges of the trench, easy access to fight and send letters but it was empty at this point as people went to dinner. The man slid forward, using the moment that Arlene was staring at the dog-tags that were a mixture of her fathers and grandfathers, also two of her brothers. He rammed a blade into her stomach, Arlene's eyes widening as the warmth of her blood drenched her shirt. ''W-Why?'' She stammered, clinging onto the dog-tags and the man's hand and he chuckled. ''You're just some worthless bitch, taking an honourable position. Probably fucked your way there.'' He said, sprinting away after a kick to the ribs and everything went dark for Arlene, the calling of her brothers and Caspian meeting her ears when she felt the sweet sensation of someone's lips against hers. It started Arlene when she felt a thick liquid on their lips but the voice muttered for her to drink quickly. She did. It was a wonderful sensation, the blood running down her throat and felt herself be dragged away, a shroud of darkness covering the pair as a body covered her own acting like a dead body and it certainly felt like one. 

After a few hours, Arlene awoke once more and shot up only to hiss harshly as sunlight touched her skin. ''Ah yes...You need a totem.'' He said and stared down at her dog-tags with a small smile. ''Perfection.'' The man whispered, muttering some spell that Arlene could barely register as she stared in amazement at how crystal clear her sight was and watched the man carefully, taking in his features that would fade from her mind with time apart from his icy blue eyes. They laid like that for a few moments, the sounds and smells of war around them as they acted dead before the man explained what had happened. He found her too beautiful to simply leave dead and felt the world needed a bright flame like Arlene. She began to fight again and drink whenever she needed, finding her self control was quite strong for a newborn and the night before the war was over, she found the man who had stabbed her parading around proudly around dinner and she stood at the door, a sweet smile on her lips as she patted men on the shoulder. ''Soldier! My office. Immediately.'' Arlene said to the traitor, his look of shock evident on his face and his bottom lip quivered in fright before following quickly behind, preparing to try again but it was too late. Her fingers had gripped his throat, her nails digging in hard enough to draw blood. ''Hell is empty...and all the devils are here...'' She quoted happily and dragged him outside, knowing the coast was clear and held his body up into the air, gunshots sounded and blood splattered on Arlene's face. ''Solider!'' She said, cradling him in her arms and she shook her head frantically, resting him to the side as a crowd of soldiers surrounded them, holding their helmets to their chest.

~~
The war was over and Arlene disappeared off the face of the earth. They wrote her down as dead but to the special service, she was alive and well fighting with them in missions. She disappeared now and again, doing missions in other countries or just doing jobs for money (Alchemist and Librarian) and Arlene was proud of her work although haunted by her memories of the long years at war. She was a fighter, a bright flame buzzed lightly in her heart and it'd never die out.

She never stopped to smell the roses, never stopped to mourn and most certainly, never stopped to see if the devils were following her...

OOC: Random FF...don't even ask...sorry if you don't like it...Im feeling creative...and bored. Very Happy Hope you'll like Arlene. She sure is a dame.
Back to top Go down

Hell is Empty.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts: Golden Age :: Out of Character :: OOC area :: Fan fictions-
Jump to: