Hogwarts: Golden Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts: Golden Age

Years have passed since the fall of the dark lord. Peace has finally been achieved..or has it? Deatheaters arise again. Who's the leader this time? Who's the Saviour? Find out on Hogwarts: Golden Age

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Utopia Dreams
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Running Up That Hill
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Use Once and Destroy
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed May 29, 2019 10:54 am by Cernunnos Largo

» Without Witness
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Kill V. Maim
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyMon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm by Cernunnos Largo

» Journey of a Thousand Steps (Anita)
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 11:43 pm by Colin O'Connor

» Weekend Adventures (Rowan)
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:52 am by Rowan Nobel

» Breakfast Bliss (De Clermonts)
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 9:28 am by Artemis De Clermont

» Face Claim
Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 pm by James Serpantine

Affiliates
House Points

Gryffindor

Hufflepuff

Ravenclaw

Slytherin

Welcome to the Library (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

Welcome to the Library (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Harlow was surprisingly excited to work at the library. After teaching in a university, she had in fact gone to the Bodleian in Oxford and worked in the archives. It was a wonderful job but though she'd never admit it, missed Hogwarts despite many features of the library matched Hogwarts. She didn't feel the magical energy that always tingled at her skin...and with her abilities, she didn't feel free enough at Oxford. Skipping down a spiral staircase from her quarters that she had asked to link to the library, she tied her hair up in a messy bun and went straight to a trunk filled with old books, thanking the carrier before he was sent away. Going towards the large oak doors, she used her vampire strength and flung them open with a small, delicate smile. In the library, she felt..free-er than she had ever felt and was thankful for that. Going back to the trunk, she piled books into her hands and began wandering around the large room, placing books here and there. Harlow had spent a lot of time in the library as the assistant and knew nothing had changed ever since she had left. Every now and then, she'd say hello to the odd student that went to collect books for their class but overall, it was an easy morning and knew at lunch, it'd pick up. Accioing the ladder towards her, she began her climb and placed the books in their rightful place, almost imagining the books sighing happily as she did. Glancing behind her, she realized that the next book went there and she leaned back, stretching to put the book away and as she did, she yelled a 'Yes!', obviously happy that she did it but dropped her books onto the floor below to which her Yes turned into a loud 'Fuck!'. The sounds of students laughing made her bite back a snarl and she slid down the ladder, beginning to pick up the books to speed off and just continue to work. ''Get back to studying everyone!'' She yelled out, smirking when she heard students shut up and pick up their quills before she turned and walked right into someone, dropping her books all over again. ''Oh for fuck sake!'' She muttered, dropping to the floor again, not bothering to say sorry.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 am

Kristopher had an armful of books that ranged from the titles of...muggle science to science applied to the wizarding world. He hadn't been watching where he was going and he ended up walking into someone. Falling backwards his books fell with him. Blinking he noticed the librarian. Moving he quickly began to help her pick up the books. "My apologies ma'am." he said respectfully. THough he was fairly certain she'd walked smack into him...he wasn't going to say anything about that. He helped her pick her books up first. Once she had all her books again he proceeded to quickly gather up his own books. He looked at the lady. "Are you alright?" He asked after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 7:47 am

Harlow chuckled awkwardly, ashamed that she swore loudly to a student. Staring up at him as she sorted out both of their book piles. ''Aye. I'm alright. Second time i've dropped the books. You'd think the librarian would take more care of her little babies.'' The hybrid mused gently and stood up, clicking her back as she had. ''You alright? Should've paid more attention to where I was walking.'' She questioned, her soft features made her look calm and caring and she began slotting the books into their rightful places, occasionally glancing back at the student.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 am

Kristopher looked at her as she spoke. "It happens." He said with a smile. Taking his books back and laid them on a nearby table. Moving back over ot her. "You're the librarian? Then I'll be seeing a lot of you most likely. I'm Kristopher Tavoson. Nice to meet you ma'am." he said politely. He blinked and watched her moving around. "I'm alright. It is fine. Really ma'am." He said with a smile. He looked around a bit and went to the table. Opening one of the books and began looking through it. "Oh...so that is what went wrong." He said in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 am

Harlow smiled at his politeness. ''Yes. I'm the Librarian. Harlow Avery. Pleasure to meet you Kristopher. Do you have everything you need?'' She questioned, glancing over at his books and then landing back onto the boy's expression. ''I'm glad. I do not wish to be told off by Headmistress Anita for hurting a student, even if by accident.'' She teasingly said. Due to her young age, she was able to connect with students and because she had taught at Oxford University for a time. ''What went wrong?'' Harlow questioned, looking around to see she had placed away all the books for the day and seated herself onto the table, despite the previous librarian's rules.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Kristopher looked at Harlow as she spoke. Blinking and smiled more. "Nice to meet you. Yes I have everything I need. I think. This time I hope to actually make it more than part of a year. I feel like a first year...everythings so new. Homeschooling is very different than this." he admitted a bit. He couldn't remember if he'd met the Headmistress...or the headmaster. He wasn't even sure where he was supposed to be heading for classes. Lost...very lost. There was first years who seemed to have a better clue than he did. He went back to look at the book. "Oh...in an experiment I did a couple weeks ago. This diagram shows me what i did wrong...left out a vital piece." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 3:20 pm

Harlow slid into the chair, conjuring up some files to do some work in as she listened. ''I know what you mean. Most students went to a muggle school before this whilst I was home-schooled myself. It'll come easier to you. You won't just get it in a day...Everything takes time. It took me months to remember. Hm...I'm sure there is a map in a book somewhere..'' She murmured and got up quickly, leaving that section before coming back with a book. Placing it on his pile, she smiled towards him and tucked a leg underneath her. ''There you go. The map's near the first page. It's up to date and ready to be followed.'' Harlow tried to help and dipped her raven quill into her ink before staring at Kristopher's book. ''Oh that's good.'' She chuckled and scribbled down notes.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Kristopher rummaged around in his pockets until he found a pen and a scrap of paper. He quickly began to scribble down some notes. Copying the diagram from the page and held them up to each other. Scribblign some more things. Doodling a few more things. Adding a few details here and there. He began to write out the notes in his head and added the alterations for the results that he had come to the conclusion of. "I guess...I actually was here as a first year but I was taken out before half a year could go by. Mother had cancer. So I got homeschooled. Now that she is better I was sent back. I heard that I was a gryffindor but I can't remember if I ever even met Headmaster or Headmistress yet. I'm just going off what the older girl named Artemis De Clermont stated." he said with a laugh. Taking the map and stared at it. "Why is it moving like that?" He asked curiously. Looking at her. "Whats good Ms Avery?"
Back to top Go down
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Harlow stared down at her files, shaking her head now and again as she fixed the previous librarian's problems and then made a new book order list for the library. Hearing him speak, she stared up at him once more out of politeness and smiled gently. ''I hope your mother is well.'' She admitted, lightly touching his hand before going back to her quill. ''Ah yes. Artemis. A good girl. Occasionally helps out here. If you made it to the library without an issue, then you're good.'' She said and stared down at the map, shaking her head. ''Magic, dear. Due to some stairs moving, it moves with it so you know what stair is leading to what room at that point.'' She explained honestly and pointed at one of the stairs. ''That leads to the Gryffindor common room. You'll need to ask another Gryffindor for the password for the portrait. The grey lady won't let you in otherwise.''
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Kristopher looked at Harlow as she spoke. Drawing a few other things. He soon had the diagram and the information done on the paper. He folded it and slipped it into his pants pocket. He looked at Harlow a bit. "Yeah. She did. I thank you for the map." He said with a smile. "Oh...thats interesting. I think its fascinating that the stairs move." he said with a grin. He looked at her. "I should probably just talk to whoevers over the house right? Be a lot easier wouldn't it?" he asked curiously. "Who? I missed so much being homeschooled." He said in amusement.
Back to top Go down
Harlow Avery
Shop Owner
Shop Owner
Harlow Avery

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 am

Harlow stared at the map and nodded, pleased she had somehow helped. Couldn't have a student running around missing classes now could we? ''I used to find them fascinating as well but then they made me late to classes so now I find them annoying.'' She chuckled lightly. The moving stairs were one of the reasons she made sure her quarters were just a normal staircase down to the library. ''That would be a good idea. The head of Gryffindor is..David Shuter so perhaps if you don't want to seem silly in front of your housemates...why not speak with him? He teaches Defence against the Dark arts so that's on the second floor with the Alchemy class who is taught by Lilith Valas.'' She said and ran a hand through her hair. ''The Grey Lady is the portrait which acts as a door to your common room. She sings horribly so the moment you walk towards it, you'll know the portrait. Often singing to a glass in hopes it'll shatter with her...'powerful' voice.'' Harlow grimaced, remembering the first time she walked past the lady.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher Tavoson
Gryffindor 4th Year
Gryffindor 4th Year
Kristopher Tavoson

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Kristopher looked at Harlow as she spoke. "I want to study them. The magical applications that defies science just makes me want to understand their dynamics more. Maybe even do tests to see how alive they really are. Later on I mean." he said iwth a laugh. Listening to her as she spoke. "Mostly its because how many people will believe a fourth year doesn't know anything the younger years know let alone the house password. That just going to cause useless fights." he pointed out. Looking at her a bit. "Yeah...I will when I leave here. Should go to the entrance hall I think. That is where went the short time was actually here as a first year." he said thoughtfully. "Lilith? I don't know them. I love alchemy! I am a junior alchemist." he said with a grin. He blinked a bit. "That sounds like my mother to the radio."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Library (Open)   Welcome to the Library (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Library (Open)
Page 1 of 1